Freedom13, a nonprofit 501C3, functions to keep children safe online and out of minor sex trafficking through education and awareness. Directors Gene and Sandy Hill provide free presentations to adults and youth to arm them with the information needed for safety and protection. Check these out on our EVENTS page.
Click on our BLOG page for recent news and current issues.
Stay current on what Freedom13 is doing by signing up for our NEWSLETTER (see right). We published an award-winning book on Internet Safety in 2020. Time for an update. SIGN UP and help us learn what answers parents want to find in our new book.
Internet Safety Statistics from enough.org about online crimes against children:
- Only 265,000 of the 747,408 registered sex offenders in the United States are supervised.
- The majority of victims of Internet-initiated sex crimes were between 13 to 15 years old; 75% were girls, and 25% were boys. (Changing, see below.)
- Of online sex offenders, 82% used social media to gain information about their victims.
- Two-thirds of teens have been approached by criminals seeking to extort money or they will publish sexual photos of them.
- Boys as well as girls are victims. More boys than girls commit suicide as a result.