On October 21st at 1:30pm, our WA State Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on an unprecedented liability lawsuit against Backpage for knowingly profiting from the sale of girls. We applaud attorneys Erik Bauer of Tacoma and Mike Pfau of Seattle for their courage in filing this suit on behalf of three girls who were raped and otherwise brutalized hundreds of times while Backpage.com profited from this practice.
What you can do?
Our State Supreme Court Justices need to know the sentiment and passion against the sale of children online, and we need the press to publicize this case. YOU can volunteer to do one of the two below:
- Call people to attend and fill the inside and outside of the courtroom. WAEngage is organizing groups: firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Attend the oral argument and/or rally outside the courtroom.
JOIN SHARED HOPE!
1. Wear a red shirt (or wear Shared Hope International activist T-shirts)
2. Nick and Jo Lembo will have Shared Hope stickers for everyone to wear on the front of your shirt. Ambassadors wear your nametag!
3. Meet on the state capitol steps at 12:30 pm with your signs. After we make our appearance, we will go up to the hearing room together. NOTE: Depending on the turnout, we may not all have seating in the hearing room but your presence is still important! Posters are allowed on the steps, but NOT inside the building. Create your own to say “NOT IN MY CITY” in bold black letters on white paper.